It feels like yesterday I was walking into my high school for the first time… Walking through the halls as a “fresh meat”, being uncomfortably too close to all my classmates who were just as confused and nervous as me, not being able to see over all the freakishly tall people everywhere I went, and hardly speaking to anyone because of how shy I was…
Okay, so ALOT has changed in the past four years, and I feel like it’s up to me to give y’all some advice for entering into high school/ going somewhere new/ meeting new people!
- Do NOT be shy! Being outgoing is magnetic! For the first two years of highschool I was extremely shy. I only talked to my familiar friends from middle school, and I regret not using that time to create more friendships! You need to remember that you’re not the “only new kid” and that everyone is in the same boat as you are!
- Be yourself! It’s truly important to always be yourself. You should never try to be anyone other then yourself, that way you’re surrounded by people who love you for you!
- Don’t stress about making friends! Focusing on school is going to be very important, so make sure that is your #1! Also, being outgoing will bring friends towards you, so you don’t have to try too hard!
- Grades are important! The next four years are very important for your future (I know you don’t want to hear that, but it’s true). Work hard and get good grades from the very beginning, and you’ll do great!
- Don’t let your love life stand in the way of school! Boys and girls come and go. Don’t let break ups, make ups, and drama stand in the way of better grades, better moods, and better friendships!
- Don’t fall into the wrong crowd! Yes, there are bad things out there, and yes, there is a thing called peer pressure. “Say no to drugs, say yes to hugs” (That quote is so cliché, but I practically live by it)!
So here I am, almost four years later, about a month into my senior year, still super short, A LOT less shy, and loving life! I promise things will turn out how they’re supposed to!
I know what I must do now, and I’m already regretting it. Here is what you all have been waiting for. Oh gosh, I have to close my eyes.
Okay, I’m feeling a little bit better since I dragged my best friend into this #transformationtuesday !! As you can tell, we were into the “eyebrow raising” and I went through a phase where I never smiled with my teeth (“supes cute” not.)..
Anyways, be sure to get connected with me through Instagram, Twitter, etc!
XOXO, Courtney Leigh